Friday, January 8, 2010

How do I transfer files from my hard drive to my flash drive?

I am using MicroSoft Access [on my home pc] and need to be able to show all steps of my work to my tutor [at college].How do I transfer files from my hard drive to my flash drive?
Simply plug your flash drive into your PC's USB drive. The USB of your PC is somewhat like a rectangular shape same with that of your flash drive. USB drive is usually located at the back of your CPU. Just plug it in and then go to My computer, copy and paste your ms access file to the drive letter of your flash. Your flash drive usually shows beside the CDROM drive which is usually called as removable drive.How do I transfer files from my hard drive to my flash drive?
I use Windows and I transfer files the sam way I do from hard drive to floppy or to another hard drive, I use Windows Explorer. Right click copy from source drive then right click paste to flash drive, or drag and paste.
Save as -%26gt; your flash drive or open the location of your files, selct them by holding the 'ctrl' (control) key, right-click -%26gt; send to -%26gt; removable disk
ok


first you need to plug the flash drive in.





go to my computer, there should be an icon for 'removable drive' or something like that.





you can copy and paste right to that
Although there are many ways to do things in Windows, I find it easiest to use Windows Explorer to manipulate files. Using windows explorer, you just click and drag the files you want over to the representation of your flash drive (the flash drive shows up as one of your computer's drives). The computer will then copy all the files over to your flash drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment