Friday, January 8, 2010

How To Put Divx Movies onto Flash Drive?

OK so I have a media player that supports divx movie files, which means I can burn several movies onto a single blank dvd. My question is how can I put divx movies onto my flash drive and have my Divx media player read the files? because I tried drag and drop and it didn't work.How To Put Divx Movies onto Flash Drive?
Its probably to big of a file to copy to flash drive. Movies tend to take up quite a few GBs. Portable flash drives are usually not large enough to hold a file of that size.How To Put Divx Movies onto Flash Drive?
What kind of player do you have? Is it ';DivX Certified';, meaning, does it have the official DivX logo on it? If so, you may have to see in the manual or the manufacturers website if the flash drive was certified for DivX playback... I'm not sure, but it's possible that some players may have only certified the optical drive for DivX playback.





Another thing to try is formatting the flash card as FAT32... many devices don't recognize NTFS or Mac formated media. Give that a shot... hope this helps.
I agree. go to my comp, and right click on your flash drive and hit properties. look at the free space. (Now, it will be in bytes{i think} so 1024 bytes is a megabyte. so if it is in the millions, it is a gigabyte[GB's])





Now go to the folder with the file you wish to transfer. right click that and hit properties. if that is larger than the free space on your drive, well you cant do it.





Another possiblity is that another program it using that same file (Playing (even if its paused), downloading, or in an editing program). Or (happens on my computer) your Comp may be glitching and saying


that another program is using that file. You could go into task-manager but really it is too hard to say, or type, u go into processes..... Just re-boot your comp and try again :)





Now, all you have to do is either drag and drop the files onto the comp you wish to play it on, like a friends, or just double click on it from my computer, and then your flash drive. It will take longer because the bus speed from the USB drive is slower from internal drive to internal drive.





Hope This Helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment