Monday, December 28, 2009

Can i use my flash drive to pick up my wifi?

My family recently bought me a new computer for my room, but we don't want to run wires so i can get internet unless we absolutely have to. But we do know that i need internet for my school projects. We have a wireless router that is fully set up that we have had for a while with the family computer. I was wondering if there was anyway i could use my extra school flash drive to pick up the Wi-Fi connection.Can i use my flash drive to pick up my wifi?
If its Brand new computer it should have built in wifi,check the tool bar for network icons or go to networking and check for wifiCan i use my flash drive to pick up my wifi?
A standard flash drive doesn't have the hardware necessary to connect to a wireless network.





There are, however, wireless network cards which look very similar to flash drives and plug into a USB port.





http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis鈥?/a>
No, a flash drive will not receive a radio (WIFI) signal. You will need to install a WIFI adapter into one of the PCI slots on your computers motherboard. It will have a little dongle that ';will'; pick up the WIFI signal
You can use a flash drive to get wifi with this software http://unlockwifi.tk and vmware!

No comments:

Post a Comment