Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do I need to keep BAK files on my USB flash drive for my AutoCAD program?

So I was wondering if there is any use in keeping these .bak files on my flash drive? I am in need of more space and am in the process of deleting obsolete files. Is there any harm in deleting these? Please provide details. Thanks.





**This question is designated to experienced AutoCAD users and/or those with education/background in the field.Do I need to keep BAK files on my USB flash drive for my AutoCAD program?
...


Well you can delete .bak files, they are not required once you complete your design.Do I need to keep BAK files on my USB flash drive for my AutoCAD program?
.bak files are backup files used to recover old files. that is its primary purpose.





.bak or backup file are not used to run AutoCad. U'r autoCad or any other applications will still run without the .bak files. As mentioned, .bak files are only used to recover old information.





If u feel that u might not need it, then delete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment