Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why does my SanDisk flash drive cause my laptop to freeze when I put it into the USB port?

Hi have a SanDisk micro cruzer 1gb flash drive and I am uable to install it onto my laptop. When I put it into the flash drive my computer freezes. When i take it out the computer is fine. Please help me if you can. What can I do to make it work right?Why does my SanDisk flash drive cause my laptop to freeze when I put it into the USB port?
Does the flash drive have the U3 software on it? If so, this is a known problem with some systems. Look at the following threads at this location for help:





http://forums.tweakguides.com/archive/in鈥?/a>Why does my SanDisk flash drive cause my laptop to freeze when I put it into the USB port?
Hi. It takes a while for your computer to see what's on the flash drive. 1 GB is quite a bit if you're using USB 1.1. Even the USB 2.0 spec (something like 400 MB per second) would take a while to be read. Or, as others have said, your port may not support the drive if it's 2.0
you might need to load drivers for it if it came with a cd run the set up for it
I'd be curious to know how old your laptop is. To me, this sounds like a classic case of USB 2.0 device gets plugged into a USB 1.1 port. If both the device and port are 2.0, then my guess is that somewhere there might be a driver that's conflicting somewhere and when executed, that conflict with ';whatever'; is what's freezing up the operating system Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for that device.

No comments:

Post a Comment