Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have a flash drive, with the files from an OS on it. How do I install the OS?

the OS is vista 64 ultimate, and I have had it on that computer before, only thing is, now, the computer I am going to install it on has no operating system outside of bios. What do I do??I have a flash drive, with the files from an OS on it. How do I install the OS?
Just copying the setup files on o a flash drive will not allow you to install Windows.


The flash drive must be made ';bootable'; (just like the installation DVD).


Once that's done you will have to see if your PC is able to boot from USB ... if so you do that %26amp; proceed as normal.





Instructions:





';Install Windows Vista from Bootable USB Flash Memory Drive';


http://www.techmixer.com/install-windows鈥?/a>





regards,


Philip T

No comments:

Post a Comment