Thursday, December 24, 2009

How to upload Flash website online?

I created a portfolio website entirely using Flash.





How do I get it from my computer to online?





I have a domain, a host, I own Dreamweaver but I don't know how to use it too well...





How do I get this thing online?





Any help is greatly appreciated!How to upload Flash website online?
You can just upload your flash file to your webhost using an ftp program such as SmartFTP. Then, just go to your flash file.





If you need help with this, I can personally help you through email. jctrumannar@gmail.com is my preferred email.





e.g. www.mysite.com/flashfile.swf


======================================鈥?br>

Alternate Method


======================================鈥?br>

I have only used Dreamweaver once in my life, and cannot tell you much about that program, however I have used Frontpage a lot. If Dreamewaver is like Frontpage, then you should be able to embed an object. Just choose your flash object and embed it into a new page called index.html or whatever you please.





Then, you can align the embedded object to your needs, adjust the elements around the page to match your flash object to make it all blend together (eg if your flash background is black, maybe change your page background to black).





Then, you can save your page as index.html, and then upload that index.html page and your flash file to your web hosting account.





Like I said, I do not know Dreamweaver, but by embedding it, it should work.How to upload Flash website online?
Open your file in Flash and go to File %26gt; Export Movie. Save the file in Shockwave format (swf).


Then open Dreamweaver and open a new document (File %26gt; New). In the Design view of the Document window, place the insertion point where you want to insert the content, then click on Insert %26gt; Media %26gt; Shockwave.


In the dialog box that appears, choose the movie file on your hard drive.


In the Property Inspector box, set the height and width of the movie.


In the same place, you can click the Play button if you want to preview your movie or press F12 if you want to preview it in your browser.


If it's ok save the page as Home or as you like. Then upload the page file and the shockwave file.



No comments:

Post a Comment